- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
9 year old gives back to his community
Parker Brown, a 4th grader at Fredericktown Intermediate School has taken a hobby and turned it into a full-fledged business. Several months ago Parker started making survival type bracelets and other items and giving them to friends and family. As kids at school began wearing them, the demand grew.
As the orders began coming in he decided that he needed to give back to others. Parker set up a booth at the Fredericktown Azalea Festival and displayed his items for sale..Part of all of Parker's proceeds are always donated to a non-profit or charity that he chooses each month. The month of May he chose to donate to the local Boy Scout Pack 27. While working his booth at the Azalea Festival, he had many people ask him why he was donating some of his money that he had worked so hard for, his response..."because it's the right thing to do...God blessed me with this ability and it's my job to honor God and give back to others". He was very excited to present Jamie Hargis Scout Master of Troop 27 with a check for $200.00 from the proceeds of his Azalea Booth.
He will be doing another booth at the Farmington Country Days where he hopes to be able to donate a larger amount for the month of June!
He his excited to be working with non-profit organizations to make items for them for fund raisers, as well as other companies.
You can follow his progress on his FB page "paracord by Parker" or you may contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org