- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Karen Marie Yamnitz, 46, of Perryville died Saturday, May 19, 2012, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
Karen was born Sept. 2, 1965, in Perryville.
Karen and David Yamnitz were married Sept. 23, 1989. He survives in Perryville.
She is survived by her mother, Sue Ochs Hagan Dunker, and stepfather, Doug Dunker, of Perryville.
She was preceded in death by her father, Jerome E. Hagan Sr.
Karen Yamnitz was an office manager for Auffenberg Kia in Cape Girardeau. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Perry County Sportsman Club Auxiliary and American Legion Auxiliary.
Survivors include one son and one daughter, Darin Yamnitz and Katie Yamnitz, both of Perryville; three sisters and three brothers, Kathy (Greg) Tierney of Philadelphia, Mo., Jerome E. (Carol) Hagan Jr., Robert L. (Barb) Hagan, Debra (Todd) Huber and John (Cheryl) Hagan, all of Perryville, and Mary (Don) Steinberg of Bethalto, Ill.; and many nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be held from 4 to 9 p.m. today at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville, with a Catholic wake service at 7:30 p.m. Visitation will continue from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, with a rosary recited at 8:30 a.m.
Funeral Mass will be held 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will be in the Yount Community Cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to College Fund for Darin and Katie.