- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Cape Girardeau County: Pilot House in Cape Girardeau is home to high quality ingredients, familiar faces (4/14/17)3
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)57
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Oran man jailed on statutory rape, burglary, other charges (4/16/17)
- 2 shot; 1 dead, 1 in custody in Cape shooting (4/16/17)4
- Bollinger County: Bonnie’s Moo Cow Cafe in Patton, Missouri, dishes out Southern classics (4/14/17)
- City wants to put hold on shipping container houses for now (4/17/17)1
BENTON, Mo. -- Raymond Paul Bollinger, 91, "The Oldest Man in Benton" passed away Sunday, May 20, 2012, at his home in Benton.
He was born Aug. 18, 1920, in Benton, to Charles and Adelia Westrich Bollinger. He and Bernadette Seiler were married Sept. 24, 1946.
Raymond was a retired carpenter and was a veteran of World War II, serving in the U.S. Army. He was a member of St. Denis Catholic Church in Benton.
Survivors include his wife, Bernadette of Benton; two sons, David (Sandy) Bollinger of Las Vegas and Howard (Sandra) Bollinger of Benton; three daughters, Marilyn Cook of St. Charles, Mo., Susan (Larry) Kettler of St. Louis and Ellen Bollinger of Kansas City, Mo.; four sisters, Martha Ann (Junior) Greaser of Cape Girardeau, Jane Burden, Mary Frances (Tony) LeGrand and Beatrice Ryan, all of Sikeston, Mo.; 10 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Bollinger was preceded in death by his parents; a son, Kenneth Ray; two brothers; and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton. Parish prayers will be held at 7 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Lawrence Catholic Church in New Hamburg, Mo., with the Rev. Michael Casteel as celebrant. Burial will be in St. Denis Cemetery in Benton with full military honors.