- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Tennessee man dies in accident near Caruthersville
CARUTHERSVILLE, Mo. -- A Tennessee man died after being trapped beneath his vehicle in an accident Friday.
James C. Moody, 26, of Ripley, Tenn., was driving westbound on the Levee Road, east of Shipyard Road, just west of Caruthersville at about 8:31 a.m. when his vehicle ran off the north side of the levee.
Moody attempted to correct the vehicle's path, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol's report, causing the truck to overturn and eject the driver through the driver's side window. Moody was then trapped beneath the vehicle.
Moody was taken by air ambulance to Pemiscot Memorial Health System at Hayti where he was pronounced dead at 10:58 a.m.
Receiving minor injuries in the accident was Lance K. Pendergrass, 20, of Caruthersville.