Cape Girardeau City Council agenda
Monday, May 21, 2012
401 Independence St.
Study session, 5 p.m. today
Meeting, 7 p.m. today
Items for discussion
* Planning and Zoning Commission report
* Tangible results -- informed and participating public -- Nicolette Brennan
* Appearances regarding items not on the agenda
* Agenda review
* Children's artwork presentation -- Murielle Wyman
* Public Works Week proclamation
* Urban deer management update
* A public hearing to consider vacating the city's interest in a portion of alley right of way west of 611 Broadway, from Broadway south for 112 feet.
* A public hearing to consider vacating the city's interest in unimproved street right of way and alley right of way, within the Village of Girardeau plat generally east of Sprigg Street, south of Giboney Avenue and north of LaCruz Street.
* Approval of the May 7 city council regular and closed sessions meeting minutes.
* An ordinance appropriating monies for operating expenditures and capital expenditures from the Convention and Tourism Fund for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2012. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance annexing land to the city upon the request of Driskell Properties LLC; Dalhousie LLC; Dalhousie Homeowners Association Inc; Drury Southwest Signs Inc.; Dana and John Baker; Christopher H. and Myra S. Jung; Steven C. Seabaugh; John P. Zimmer, Trustee of the John P. Zimmer Trust Agreement; BRS LLC; Safety-Kleen Systems Inc.; and Meyr Properties LP. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance amending Chapter 30 of the Code of Ordinances by zoning various properties as M-1 (light manufacturing district), R-1 (single-family suburban residential district), C-2 (highway commercial district) and RE (rural estate single-family district). Second and third readings.
* An ordinance extending the boundaries of Ward 4 and Ward 6 to include properties newly annexed into the city. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance amending the Schedule T of Section 26-260 of the city code, by establishing handicapped parking along a portion of Park Avenue.
* An ordinance amending Schedule P of Section 26-248 of the city code, by establishing limited parking along a portion of Park Avenue. Second and third readings.
* A resolution acknowledging receipt of annexation petitions from Ervin L. and Elizabeth Jessup; and William D. and Sharon L. Vied, and setting a public hearing regarding the proposed annexations. Reading and passage.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a demolition contract with Twin Cedars Tree Service & Logging for the structure at 1200 N. Main St. Reading and passage.
* A resolution authorizing applications to the Missouri Department of Conservation under the Tree Resource Improvement and Maintenance Cost-Share Program, and authorizing the city manager to execute all necessary cost-share program documents. Reading and passage.
* A motion to approve the transfer of ownership of the special-use permit for 755 S. Kingshighway from Rhodes Development Co. to SEMO Alliance for Disability Independence Foundation Inc. for a telecommunication tower and equipment building.
* An ordinance authorizing the issuance of not to exceed $31 million principal amount of sewerage system revenue bonds (State of Missouri -- Direct Loan Program) Series 2012 of the city of Cape Girardeau, for the purpose of extending and improving the city's sewer system; prescribing the form and details of the bonds and the agreements made by the city to facilitate and protect their payment and prescribing other related matters. First reading.
* An ordinance vacating the city's interest in a portion of unimproved street right of way, within the Village of Girardeau plat located generally east of Sprigg Street, south of Giboney Avenue and north of LaCruz Street. First Reading.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Villas at Cape Rock 4. First reading.
* An ordinance amending Schedule C of Section 26-121 of the city code, by repealing stop signs on Kell Farm Drive at Richmond Drive, and by establishing stop signs on Richmond Drive at Kell Farm Drive. First reading.