- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
L. Lucille Frank
L. Lucille Frank, 93, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, May 17, 2012, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Aug. 26, 1918, in Jackson, to Daniel Grover and Cornelia E. Lessley Slinkard.
She and Ervin A. Frank Jr. were married Jan. 6, 1944, at Liberal, Kan. He died Sept. 4, 2010.
She was a member of Hanover Lutheran Church and the Ladies Aid.
Survivors include a niece, Clodine (Gary) Metje of Cape Girardeau; a nephew, Donald (Rosalee) Wachter of Mesa, Ariz., sisters-in-law, Ruby Moore of San Antonio, Geraldine Mehrle of St. Louis, Shirley Josey of Scott City, Ruth Farrow of Cape Girardeau, Ella (Jim) Sinn of Cape Girardeau; brother-in-law, Gary Schweer of Cape Girardeau; and numerous nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; one brother, John Slinkard; and two sisters, Agnes Lessley and Kathleen "Dick" Wachter.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Hanover Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Tony Kobak and Vicar Dewayne Hendricks officiating.
Burial will be at Cape County Memorial Park Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to Hanover Lutheran Church Building Fund.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.