- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Dorse E. Decelis, 88, of Advance passed away May 17, 2012, at Clark's Mountain Nursing Center in Piedmont, Mo.
He was born July 11, 1923, at McGee, Mo., son of Byron and Nancy Hacdock Decelis.
Dorse retired after more than 30 years with Mallinckrodt Chemical Co.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Army, serving in World War II.
Dorse married Ruth Wicker in 1943 at Charleston, Mo. She preceded him in death Feb. 27, 1991. He married Virginia Harty in 1992.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Janie (David) Conner of Piedmont; a stepdaughter, Linda Casey of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Glen Wills of McGee, Butch Decelis of Imperial, Mo.; two sisters, Betty Hayne of Cape Girardeau, Rita Hodges; three grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by parents; a stepdaughter, Kay Underwood; and a sister, Roxy.
Visitation will be today from 5 to 8 p.m. at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at Morgan Funeral Chapel. Burial will be in McGee New Hope Cemetery at McGee, with full military rites provided.