- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Mary Jane Collier, 85, of Jackson died Thursday, May 17, 2012, at Monticello House in Jackson.
She was born Dec. 28, 1926, in DuQuoin, Ill., to Hiley and Margaret Oliver Hodge. She and George Collier were married Jan. 8, 1966.
Mary Jane was a member of First Baptist Church of Oak Ridge. She owned and operated Clay Cellar Ceramics Shop in Oak Ridge more than 40 years.
She is survived by her husband, George of Jackson; a son, Norman (Paulette) Keene of Pinckneyville, Ill.; two daughters, Norma (Robert) Habeck of Oak Ridge, Carol Ann (Danny) Marshall of Knoxville, Tenn.; 10 grandchildren; 24 great-grandchildren; and nine great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother, Charles, and a sister, Wilma.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until service time today at First Baptist Church in Oak Ridge.
The funeral will be at noon today at First Baptist Church, with the Rev. Jeff Militti officiating. Burial will be in Goshen Cemetery near Oak Ridge.
Memorials may be made to First Baptist Church or Goshen Cemetery Fund.