- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Fuller Receives Outstanding Youth Award
Anna Fuller, a GED graduate of the Cape Girardeau Public Schools Adult Education and Literacy program and the Cape Career and Technology Center CNA program, has been awarded the Southeast Missouri Region Division of Workforce Development Outstanding Youth Individual Achievement Award. To be eligible for this award the recipient must have been successful in reaching her employment or educational goals while overcoming significant obstacles.
While in the MERS/Goodwill Youth Program, Anna earned her GED certificate, completed job readiness classes, and graduated from CTC's certified nurse assistant program. She is now employed full-time at the Missouri Veterans' Home in Cape Girardeau and plans to continue her education in the nursing field.
Anna is one of 14 regional winners who will be honored at the Missouri Association of Workforce Development luncheon at Tan-Tar-A on June 7, 2012.