- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Fuller Receives Outstanding Youth Award
Anna Fuller, a GED graduate of the Cape Girardeau Public Schools Adult Education and Literacy program and the Cape Career and Technology Center CNA program, has been awarded the Southeast Missouri Region Division of Workforce Development Outstanding Youth Individual Achievement Award. To be eligible for this award the recipient must have been successful in reaching her employment or educational goals while overcoming significant obstacles.
While in the MERS/Goodwill Youth Program, Anna earned her GED certificate, completed job readiness classes, and graduated from CTC's certified nurse assistant program. She is now employed full-time at the Missouri Veterans' Home in Cape Girardeau and plans to continue her education in the nursing field.
Anna is one of 14 regional winners who will be honored at the Missouri Association of Workforce Development luncheon at Tan-Tar-A on June 7, 2012.