- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Fuller Receives Outstanding Youth Award
Anna Fuller, a GED graduate of the Cape Girardeau Public Schools Adult Education and Literacy program and the Cape Career and Technology Center CNA program, has been awarded the Southeast Missouri Region Division of Workforce Development Outstanding Youth Individual Achievement Award. To be eligible for this award the recipient must have been successful in reaching her employment or educational goals while overcoming significant obstacles.
While in the MERS/Goodwill Youth Program, Anna earned her GED certificate, completed job readiness classes, and graduated from CTC's certified nurse assistant program. She is now employed full-time at the Missouri Veterans' Home in Cape Girardeau and plans to continue her education in the nursing field.
Anna is one of 14 regional winners who will be honored at the Missouri Association of Workforce Development luncheon at Tan-Tar-A on June 7, 2012.