- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Fuller Receives Outstanding Youth Award
Anna Fuller, a GED graduate of the Cape Girardeau Public Schools Adult Education and Literacy program and the Cape Career and Technology Center CNA program, has been awarded the Southeast Missouri Region Division of Workforce Development Outstanding Youth Individual Achievement Award. To be eligible for this award the recipient must have been successful in reaching her employment or educational goals while overcoming significant obstacles.
While in the MERS/Goodwill Youth Program, Anna earned her GED certificate, completed job readiness classes, and graduated from CTC's certified nurse assistant program. She is now employed full-time at the Missouri Veterans' Home in Cape Girardeau and plans to continue her education in the nursing field.
Anna is one of 14 regional winners who will be honored at the Missouri Association of Workforce Development luncheon at Tan-Tar-A on June 7, 2012.