- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Fuller Receives Outstanding Youth Award
Anna Fuller, a GED graduate of the Cape Girardeau Public Schools Adult Education and Literacy program and the Cape Career and Technology Center CNA program, has been awarded the Southeast Missouri Region Division of Workforce Development Outstanding Youth Individual Achievement Award. To be eligible for this award the recipient must have been successful in reaching her employment or educational goals while overcoming significant obstacles.
While in the MERS/Goodwill Youth Program, Anna earned her GED certificate, completed job readiness classes, and graduated from CTC's certified nurse assistant program. She is now employed full-time at the Missouri Veterans' Home in Cape Girardeau and plans to continue her education in the nursing field.
Anna is one of 14 regional winners who will be honored at the Missouri Association of Workforce Development luncheon at Tan-Tar-A on June 7, 2012.