- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Wallingford to host campaign kickoff event Saturday
State Rep. Wayne Wallingford will host a kickoff event for his state Senate campaign in Cape Girardeau on Saturday.
Wallingford, a Republican seeking the 27th Senate District seat, will officially kick off his campaign at 2 p.m. at 518 Helena Ave. in Cape Girardeau, just behind the Broadway McDonald's.
The event will also serve as the grand opening of his campaign headquarters.
Wallingford is opposed by fellow Republican Rep. Ellen Brandom of Sikeston in the August primary. No Democrats filed for the seat which represents Cape Girardeau, Scott, Bollinger, Perry, Madison and Wayne County.
Look for coverage of the event Saturday at www.semissourian.com and in Sunday's Southeast Missourian.