- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Jane E. Welker, 62, of Marble Hill passed away Wednesday, May 16, 2012, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 12, 1949, in Bollinger County, daughter of the late David Rhodes and Rosemary Lea Bob Fox. She and Larry Welker were married July 31, 1983.
Jane had been registration clerk for Bollinger County and also worked at the Welkers' five and dime.
Survivors include her husband, Larry Welker of Marble Hill; a son, Larry (Cristy) Wade Welker of Woodstock, Ala.; two daughters, Cindi (Michael) Morris and Whitney (Dustin) Wiseman of Marble Hill; a brother, Bobby Fox Jr. of Marble Hill; four sisters, Mary (Greg) Merrick and Margaret Fox of Mount Vernon, Ind., Robin (Randy) Proffer and Hester (Brad) Bowen of Marble Hill; seven grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kim Mitchell officiating. Entombment will be at a later date in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery near Marble Hill.