- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Joseph W. "Joey" Roark, 35, of Jackson died Wednesday, May 16, 2012, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Oct. 7, 1976, in Poplar Bluff, Mo., to Billy Joe Roark and Mary Kathryn Moss Bey.
Joey was a member of Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Cape Girardeau.
He is survived by his parents, Billy Joe Roark of Ellsinore, Mo., and Mary Kathryn Moss Bey of Friedheim; stepfather, Dennis Bey of Friedheim; and wife, Crystal Wilson Roark of Jackson. Grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles also survive.
He was preceded in death by a stepbrother.
Friends may call from noon until service time Saturday at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses Cape South.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at the church, with Tim Rainey officiating.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be given in Joey's name to Ford and Sons Funeral Home, 1001 N. Mount Auburn Road, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701, to help defray funeral expenses.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.