- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Fire displaces family of seven (12/5/17)1
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)3
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
Buchheit Trucking Service Trucking Service
Saturday, May 5 Buchheit Trucking Service had our first Trucking Rodeo at our Scott City Location. We had 6 drivers that participated. The drivers had a series of tests they had to perform for points and the driver with the most points won the competition. In order to participate drivers had to have been with our company for at least 12 months, worked 11 of those months, and been accident free for all 12 months.
Drivers were presented with the following tests:
40 question written test based on DOT safety information and driving knowledge.
Structured Pre-Trip Inspection where the drivers had to inspect a truck and trailer for any defects to ensure it was safe for the road.
6 driving scenarios or problems the driver had to perform. They were:
Serpentine around cones backward and forward
Weigh Scale crossing
Alley Dock backing both driver side and blind side
Straight line backing for 250' between cones
The winners were:
-1st place-Kevin Zimmerman from Jackson
-2nd Place-Keith Schwent from Cape Girardeau, MO
-1st alternate-Sid Naramore from Chaffee, MO
Keith Schwent is not able to attend the State Championship so Sid Naramore is going in his place.
Kevin Zimmerman and Sid Naramore are going to the Missouri Trucking Association Truck Driving Championships at the Kansas City Expo Center at Kansas City, MO June 8-9. If they win there they get to go to the National Trucking Association Truck Driving Championship at the Minneapolis Convention Center in Minneapolis, MN. The National event will be held August 7-12 of this year.
We want to say thank you to all that helped make this event possible and to all the drivers that make the highways safe while getting products to all our customers.