- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Successful Friends of the Parks Day on April 28
Over 300 area adults and children came out to spruce up Cape Girardeau's parks for the season during the annual Friends of the Parks Day on April 28.
Volunteers collected 67 bags of trash, mulched and planted over 20 flower beds, and mulched 7 playgrounds.
Participants received t-shirts and lunch. Parks and Recreation provided more than 500 hot dogs for the hungry volunteers.
The City of Cape Girardeau thanks all who came out for Friends of the Parks Day for their efforts in keeping our parks beautiful and ready for the season!