- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- Stooges in Jackson under new ownership (6/23/18)
- Poplar Bluff nail manufacturer gets hammered by new tariffs on steel (6/22/18)6
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Scott County Sheriff Wes Drury responds to issue involving deputy (6/23/18)2
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
Successful Friends of the Parks Day on April 28
Over 300 area adults and children came out to spruce up Cape Girardeau's parks for the season during the annual Friends of the Parks Day on April 28.
Volunteers collected 67 bags of trash, mulched and planted over 20 flower beds, and mulched 7 playgrounds.
Participants received t-shirts and lunch. Parks and Recreation provided more than 500 hot dogs for the hungry volunteers.
The City of Cape Girardeau thanks all who came out for Friends of the Parks Day for their efforts in keeping our parks beautiful and ready for the season!