- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Successful Friends of the Parks Day on April 28
Over 300 area adults and children came out to spruce up Cape Girardeau's parks for the season during the annual Friends of the Parks Day on April 28.
Volunteers collected 67 bags of trash, mulched and planted over 20 flower beds, and mulched 7 playgrounds.
Participants received t-shirts and lunch. Parks and Recreation provided more than 500 hot dogs for the hungry volunteers.
The City of Cape Girardeau thanks all who came out for Friends of the Parks Day for their efforts in keeping our parks beautiful and ready for the season!