- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Successful Friends of the Parks Day on April 28
Over 300 area adults and children came out to spruce up Cape Girardeau's parks for the season during the annual Friends of the Parks Day on April 28.
Volunteers collected 67 bags of trash, mulched and planted over 20 flower beds, and mulched 7 playgrounds.
Participants received t-shirts and lunch. Parks and Recreation provided more than 500 hot dogs for the hungry volunteers.
The City of Cape Girardeau thanks all who came out for Friends of the Parks Day for their efforts in keeping our parks beautiful and ready for the season!