- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- State of emergency declared in Missouri (2/24/18)1
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)6
Successful Friends of the Parks Day on April 28
Over 300 area adults and children came out to spruce up Cape Girardeau's parks for the season during the annual Friends of the Parks Day on April 28.
Volunteers collected 67 bags of trash, mulched and planted over 20 flower beds, and mulched 7 playgrounds.
Participants received t-shirts and lunch. Parks and Recreation provided more than 500 hot dogs for the hungry volunteers.
The City of Cape Girardeau thanks all who came out for Friends of the Parks Day for their efforts in keeping our parks beautiful and ready for the season!