- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
Join the New Beautification Committee in Cape
Cape Girardeau residents can help make a difference in the appearance of our city by joining the new Beautification Committee, recently started by the City Council at the May 7 meeting.
Ward 4 representative Loretta Schneider will help spearhead a multifaceted approach to improve our beautification efforts and reduce littering according to Mayor Harry Rediger, in a recent Southeast Missourian editorial.
Many local organizations work to keep Cape Girardeau beautiful, including area garden clubs and Southeast Missouri State University students and our Parks and Recreation Department. The Beautification Committee will help brainstorm and implement ways to increase and sustain current and future efforts for a clean Cape.
To apply for the Beautification Committee, download and return the application by mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 573-339-6320 with questions.