- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Mother charged after toddler falls out of moving car (7/29/16)3
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape to get small-market ride-sharing service carGO (7/29/16)11
- Food plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
Join the New Beautification Committee in Cape
Cape Girardeau residents can help make a difference in the appearance of our city by joining the new Beautification Committee, recently started by the City Council at the May 7 meeting.
Ward 4 representative Loretta Schneider will help spearhead a multifaceted approach to improve our beautification efforts and reduce littering according to Mayor Harry Rediger, in a recent Southeast Missourian editorial.
Many local organizations work to keep Cape Girardeau beautiful, including area garden clubs and Southeast Missouri State University students and our Parks and Recreation Department. The Beautification Committee will help brainstorm and implement ways to increase and sustain current and future efforts for a clean Cape.
To apply for the Beautification Committee, download and return the application by mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 573-339-6320 with questions.