- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Join the New Beautification Committee in Cape
Cape Girardeau residents can help make a difference in the appearance of our city by joining the new Beautification Committee, recently started by the City Council at the May 7 meeting.
Ward 4 representative Loretta Schneider will help spearhead a multifaceted approach to improve our beautification efforts and reduce littering according to Mayor Harry Rediger, in a recent Southeast Missourian editorial.
Many local organizations work to keep Cape Girardeau beautiful, including area garden clubs and Southeast Missouri State University students and our Parks and Recreation Department. The Beautification Committee will help brainstorm and implement ways to increase and sustain current and future efforts for a clean Cape.
To apply for the Beautification Committee, download and return the application by mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 573-339-6320 with questions.