- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)18
Join the New Beautification Committee in Cape
Cape Girardeau residents can help make a difference in the appearance of our city by joining the new Beautification Committee, recently started by the City Council at the May 7 meeting.
Ward 4 representative Loretta Schneider will help spearhead a multifaceted approach to improve our beautification efforts and reduce littering according to Mayor Harry Rediger, in a recent Southeast Missourian editorial.
Many local organizations work to keep Cape Girardeau beautiful, including area garden clubs and Southeast Missouri State University students and our Parks and Recreation Department. The Beautification Committee will help brainstorm and implement ways to increase and sustain current and future efforts for a clean Cape.
To apply for the Beautification Committee, download and return the application by mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 573-339-6320 with questions.