- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Join the New Beautification Committee in Cape
Cape Girardeau residents can help make a difference in the appearance of our city by joining the new Beautification Committee, recently started by the City Council at the May 7 meeting.
Ward 4 representative Loretta Schneider will help spearhead a multifaceted approach to improve our beautification efforts and reduce littering according to Mayor Harry Rediger, in a recent Southeast Missourian editorial.
Many local organizations work to keep Cape Girardeau beautiful, including area garden clubs and Southeast Missouri State University students and our Parks and Recreation Department. The Beautification Committee will help brainstorm and implement ways to increase and sustain current and future efforts for a clean Cape.
To apply for the Beautification Committee, download and return the application by mail or email to email@example.com. Call 573-339-6320 with questions.