- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cardinals place Jay on DL with shoulder injury
ST. LOUIS -- Center fielder Jon Jay was put on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday by the St. Louis Cardinals because of shoulder soreness.
St. Louis played the finale of a five-game homestand with only one regular outfielder, left fielder Matt Holliday. Right fielder Carlos Beltran missed his second straight start due to a minor knee injury but was available to pinch hit, and first baseman Lance Berkman was a late lineup scratch.
Jay injured his right shoulder when he banged into an outfield wall last month. He had one hit, a bunt single, in his last 15 at-bats.
Jay is hitting .343 in 26 games and went 1 for 4 in Monday's 6-4 loss to the Chicago Cubs.
Outfielder Shane Robinson was recalled from Class AAA Memphis after one day in the minors. Robinson was 3 for 4 with a triple Monday.
"I didn't think anything would happen this soon. But it did," Robinson said. "It's been pretty chaotic."
The Cardinals also had made a roster move Monday, releasing left-handed reliever J.C. Romero and calling up right-handed reliever Eduardo Sanchez from Memphis.
-- Associated Press