- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Grass fire burns power pole in Cape Girardeau
A small grass fire in west Cape Girardeau damaged an Ameren Missouri power pole early Tuesday afternoon, but did not cause any power outages, the fire department said.
The blaze ignited in a ditch about 2:40 p.m., covered a 300-square-foot area and burned 25 feet up a pole near the intersection of South Silver Springs Road and Independence Street, firefighters said.
Three firefighters walked into the area and brought the fire under control, firefighters said. No injuries were reported. The cause remained under investigation Tuesday afternoon.
South Silver Springs Road and Independence Street, Cape Girardeau, MO