- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
High school roundup: Central's Pablo Jaramillo reaches state tennis tourney
Central junior Pablo Jaramillo experienced little trouble in Monday's Class 2 sectional tennis match.
Jaramillo cruised past Saint Louis University High's Michael Essma 6-1, 6-1 at Kirkwood Park to earn a spot in the individual state tournament.
Jaramillo only has dropped four games in his eight sets in individual postseason play.
Central's Alvaro Jaramillo and Ryan Watts missed out on a chance to join Pablo Jaramillo at the state tournament. The Tigers doubles team fell to Kirkwood's Randal and Gillam 6-2, 6-1 in sectional play.
Class 1 District 2
Leopold senior Gregg Davis threw a five-inning no-hitter to lead the Wildcats past Bell City 12-0 in quarterfinal action.
Davis added a pair of hits at the plate.
Leopold will face Bernie, which knocked off Delta 12-0.
Dwight Nance suffered the loss for the Bobcats.
Advance moved on to face top-seeded Oran with a 6-4 win over Scott County Central.
Ryan Moses struck out 14 on the mound and went 2 for 3 at the plate to lead the Hornets.
Nathan Holland struck out 13 in a losing effort for the Braves.
BERNIE 12, DELTA 0
WP -- Bradley Freed. LP -- Dwight Nance. 2B -- Bradley Freed (B), Ethan Trammel (B), Blake Trover (B), Austin Hatchel 2 (B). Multiple hits -- Bernie: Austin Hatchel 2-3, Ethan Trammel 2-3.
LEOPOLD 12, BELL CITY 0
WP -- Gregg Davis. LP -- Aaron Smith. 3B -- Austin Bucher (L). 2B -- Joe Elfrink (L), Davis (L). Multiple hits -- Leopold: Austin Bucher 3-4, Davis 2-3.
ADVANCE 6, SCOTT COUNTY CENTRAL 4
WP -- Ryan Moses. LP -- Nathan Holland. 2B -- Ryan Moses (A), Trey Wallace (A), Nathan Holland (SCC). Multiple hits -- Advance: Ryan Moses 2-3.
Class 2 District 3
The Hawks fell to second-seeded Valle Catholic 5-1.
Ian Householder suffered the loss for Kelly.
WP -- Tyler Litterest. LP -- Ian Householder. HR -- Alec Greminger (V). 2B -- Alex Rollhaus (V), Lincoln Stoll (V). Multiple hits -- Valle Catholic: Justin Roth 2-4, Stoll 2-3.
-- From staff reports