- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Donald Lee Daehnert, 78, of Marble Hill passed away Saturday, May 12, 2012, at his home.
He was born July 1, 1933, in San Antonio, son of Charles Robert and Thelma Janet Martin Daehnert Sr. He and Janet Ruth Newton were married Feb. 1, 1958, in Corpus Christi, Texas.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy.
Daehnert was an overseas account manager with Celanese. He moved to Bollinger County in 2002.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Denise (Mike) Dillinger and Dianna Lynn (Greg) Godert of Zalma, Mo.; two grandchildren, Mandy (Ben) Wallace of Zalma, Michael (Tiffney) Daehnert of Sturdivant, Mo.; three great-grandchildren, Deacon and Journie Wallace and Leum Daehnert; three stepgrandchildren; seven great-stepgrandchildren; two brothers, Charles R. and William J. Daehnert of Texas.
There is no service.
Hutchings Funeral Chapel was in charge of arrangements.
Memorials may be made in his memory to cancer research, Marble Hill Food Pantry or Bollinger County Museum.