- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Meinhardt, Buchheit to lead PHS Class of 2012
Ashley Meinhardt is the valedictorian and Abigail Buchheit is the salutatorian of the Perryville High School Class of 2012.
The 2012 PHS Commencement will begin at 8 pm Friday, May 18 at Perry Park Center.
Ashley is the daughter of John and Pat Meinhardt of Perryville and sister of Teresa Denninger and Jonathan Meinhardt. Her grandpare nts are Harold and Pat Heaps, John and Tana Meinhart, and Carolyn Meinhardt.
Ashley is currently a member of the PBS (Positive Behavior Support) Committee and serves as a PSI (Postponing Sexual Involvement) teen leader.
She has received Student of the Year awards in a number of subjects each year of high school including English I, Physics I, Speech, Geometry, PE, American History, Health, Algebra II, Chemistry, Mass Media, Psychology and World History. She has been honored as the Perryville Elks Student of the Month and earned the Student of the Week honor three years in a row.
Ashley has received the United States Marine Corp Scholastic Excellence Award, the President's Education Award and the George Washington Carver Award.
Scholarships she has accepted include the Perry County Teachers Association, Robert and Olene Heflin Memorial, Plaza Tire Service, Perryville Higher Education Center and Citizens Electric awards.
Ashley will attend Mineral Area College to pursue an education degree and plans a career in teaching. She works at Bening Ford in Perryville.
Buccheit is salutatorian
Abigail Buchheit is the daughter of Bruce and Rebecca Buchheit of Perryville and sister of Jason, Sarah and Michael. Her grandparents are Rev. Gerold and Marilyn McBride and the late August and Mabel Buchheit.
She is currently a member of the PHS Drama Club, DECA, Silver Daggers Theater Club, Art Club, NHS and Chamber Choir. She is an honor member of the Thespian Society, and received a 2+ rating on her piano solo at state competition. She earned the 2011-12 biology award.
Abigail is a volunteer Sunday School teacher at First Baptist Church in Lithium.
She will attend the Missouri University of Science and Technology in Rolla to major in chemistry. She is considering a career in research.