- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
UNION, Mo. -- Ruth E. Nelson, 90, of Union died Saturday at Grandview Healthcare Center in Washington, Mo.
She was born July 11, 1921, in Springfield, Mo., to Edward and Ada Mae Meek McCain. She was married to Charles Nelson who preceded her in death.
Ruth was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and the VFW Post 3838 while living in Cape Girardeau. She was an avid reader and enjoyed spending time with her grandchildren.
She is survived by a son, David (Laura) Nelson of Houston; her daughter, Karen (Gary) Neal of Union; four grandchildren, Christopher (Heidi) Komorech of Maryville, Mo., Jonathan (Tori) Nelson of Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma, Erin (Darrian) McElroy of Monroe City, Mo., and Benjamin Nelson of Houston; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her brother, Marion E. McCain.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau, with the Rev. Bill Thompson Jr. officiating.
Burial will follow at Cape County Memorial Park Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to the Children's Miracle Network.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.