- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Chaffee man injured in boating accident on Castor River
A Chaffee, Mo., man suffered moderate injuries when he lost control of his boat on the Castor River in Cape Girardeau County and struck a tree Saturday morning, according to a Missouri State Highway Patrol report.
Larry G. Wolfe, 57, was eastbound in a diversion channel of the river about 8:30 a.m., when a mechanical problem caused the 2002 Xpress utility to suddenly accelerate, investigators said. Wolfe lost control of the watercraft, which struck a tree on the southern shoreline, investigators said. Wolfe's spouse transported him to a Cape Girardeau hospital, troopers said.
The crash destroyed the boat, investigators said.