- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
One jailed in Dexter meth lab seizure
DEXTER, Mo. -- An area man is behind bars following the discovery of a meth lab last week.
According to Stoddard County Sheriff Carl Hefner, the meth lab was seized Thursday after an ongoing investigation.
Sheriff's deputies, along with an officer from the Dexter Police Department, searched a residence on Market Street in Dexter and found a working methamphetamine lab.
Chad Steven Smith, 36, of Dexter was arrested and charged with felony manufacture of a controlled substance and felony possession of a controlled substance.
His bond was set at $50,000 cash-only. He will be arraigned before Judge Joe Z. Satterfield on Thursday.