- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)12
Third Tuesday Tea Time - Working Meeting
The Cape County Tea Party (CCTP) will hold it's monthly meeting this Tuesday May 15th at 6:30pm in the Cape Girardeau Public Library. This meeting is different from recent meetings in that there will be no speaker -- it will be a working meeting.
CCTP does not endorse candidates. However, votes and actions by our representatives -- local, state, and federal -- affect our lives by either advancing or restricting freedom, increasing or reducing government, and paramount to CCTP, increasing or reducing spending and debt.
To that end, this meeting will be a working meeting where we split into groups to define criteria by which our federal, state, and local representatives will be rated against Tea Party principles.
We will define the criteria, review votes, and poll the candidates in preparation to publish this information prior to the August primary.
We hope you can attend the meeting at 6:30 on Tuesday. If you have a laptop that can be used to search up legislation and information, please bring it and arrive early.