- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
Third Tuesday Tea Time - Working Meeting
The Cape County Tea Party (CCTP) will hold it's monthly meeting this Tuesday May 15th at 6:30pm in the Cape Girardeau Public Library. This meeting is different from recent meetings in that there will be no speaker -- it will be a working meeting.
CCTP does not endorse candidates. However, votes and actions by our representatives -- local, state, and federal -- affect our lives by either advancing or restricting freedom, increasing or reducing government, and paramount to CCTP, increasing or reducing spending and debt.
To that end, this meeting will be a working meeting where we split into groups to define criteria by which our federal, state, and local representatives will be rated against Tea Party principles.
We will define the criteria, review votes, and poll the candidates in preparation to publish this information prior to the August primary.
We hope you can attend the meeting at 6:30 on Tuesday. If you have a laptop that can be used to search up legislation and information, please bring it and arrive early.