- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)4
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Those who attended last Saturday's debut of the Cape Riverfront Market were not disappointed. The summertime temperatures combined with a variety of vendors contributed to a fun morning for the hundreds of attendees. If you missed the opening, consider checking it out this week. The market, in the parking lot at 35 S. Spanish St. in Cape Girardeau, is open from 8 a.m. to noon every Saturday through Oct. 27.
In addition to the downtown market, there are a number of other events on the schedule this weekend:
* The Called To Love Tour featuring contemporary Christian music artists Downhere, Aaron Shust and Jason Gray will come to Cape Girardeau tonight. The 7 p.m. concert will be held at Lynwood Baptist Church.
* Tunes at Twilight also returns tonight with the Leslie Dysinger Band. The concert begins at 7 p.m. at Common Pleas Courthouse gazebo in Cape Girardeau.
* The River City Players will also be hosting a dinner theater tonight and Saturday at Port Cape Girardeau. The Doors open at 6:30 p.m., dinner begins at 7 p.m. and the show kicks off at 8 p.m. To make reservations, call 334-0954.
To see more events, go to semoevents.com and check out Page 2A in today's Southeast Missourian.