- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)1
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Those who attended last Saturday's debut of the Cape Riverfront Market were not disappointed. The summertime temperatures combined with a variety of vendors contributed to a fun morning for the hundreds of attendees. If you missed the opening, consider checking it out this week. The market, in the parking lot at 35 S. Spanish St. in Cape Girardeau, is open from 8 a.m. to noon every Saturday through Oct. 27.
In addition to the downtown market, there are a number of other events on the schedule this weekend:
* The Called To Love Tour featuring contemporary Christian music artists Downhere, Aaron Shust and Jason Gray will come to Cape Girardeau tonight. The 7 p.m. concert will be held at Lynwood Baptist Church.
* Tunes at Twilight also returns tonight with the Leslie Dysinger Band. The concert begins at 7 p.m. at Common Pleas Courthouse gazebo in Cape Girardeau.
* The River City Players will also be hosting a dinner theater tonight and Saturday at Port Cape Girardeau. The Doors open at 6:30 p.m., dinner begins at 7 p.m. and the show kicks off at 8 p.m. To make reservations, call 334-0954.
To see more events, go to semoevents.com and check out Page 2A in today's Southeast Missourian.