- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Marie Elizabeth Burger, 90, of Scott City died Wednesday, May 9, 2012, at her home.
She was born May 6, 1922, in rural Illmo, to David Frederick and Amelia Auguste Sander Held. She and Herbert Daniel Burger were married June 1, 1940, in Cape Girardeau. He preceded her in death June 24, 1992.
Marie was a lifelong member of Eisleben Lutheran Church, Ladies Aid and served on the Christian kitchen service committee preparing bereavement meals for families. She enjoyed vegetable and flower gardening and had a great love for her family.
She is survived by a son, Kenny (Linda) Burger of Scott City; a daughter, Brenda (James) LeGrand of Benton, Mo.; five grandchildren, Jarrett Burger, Andrea Hopper, Aaron Burger, Jeannette LeGrand-Florek, Landon LeGrand; eight great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; three brothers, Herman, Alvin "Tiny" and Clarence "Butch" Held; four sisters, Erma Bryant, Irene Sanders, Edna Hagan and Vera Mae Lohmann.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City, and from 9 a.m. until time of service Friday at Eisleben Church.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the church, with Vicar Marty Hasz officiating. Burial will be in St. Augustine Catholic Cemetery in Kelso, Mo.