- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Marie Elizabeth Burger, 90, of Scott City died Wednesday, May 9, 2012, at her home.
She was born May 6, 1922, in rural Illmo, to David Frederick and Amelia Auguste Sander Held. She and Herbert Daniel Burger were married June 1, 1940, in Cape Girardeau. He preceded her in death June 24, 1992.
Marie was a lifelong member of Eisleben Lutheran Church, Ladies Aid and served on the Christian kitchen service committee preparing bereavement meals for families. She enjoyed vegetable and flower gardening and had a great love for her family.
She is survived by a son, Kenny (Linda) Burger of Scott City; a daughter, Brenda (James) LeGrand of Benton, Mo.; five grandchildren, Jarrett Burger, Andrea Hopper, Aaron Burger, Jeannette LeGrand-Florek, Landon LeGrand; eight great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; three brothers, Herman, Alvin "Tiny" and Clarence "Butch" Held; four sisters, Erma Bryant, Irene Sanders, Edna Hagan and Vera Mae Lohmann.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City, and from 9 a.m. until time of service Friday at Eisleben Church.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the church, with Vicar Marty Hasz officiating. Burial will be in St. Augustine Catholic Cemetery in Kelso, Mo.