- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)12
Marie Elizabeth Burger, 90, of Scott City died Wednesday, May 9, 2012, at her home.
She was born May 6, 1922, in rural Illmo, to David Frederick and Amelia Auguste Sander Held. She and Herbert Daniel Burger were married June 1, 1940, in Cape Girardeau. He preceded her in death June 24, 1992.
Marie was a lifelong member of Eisleben Lutheran Church, Ladies Aid and served on the Christian kitchen service committee preparing bereavement meals for families. She enjoyed vegetable and flower gardening and had a great love for her family.
She is survived by a son, Kenny (Linda) Burger of Scott City; a daughter, Brenda (James) LeGrand of Benton, Mo.; five grandchildren, Jarrett Burger, Andrea Hopper, Aaron Burger, Jeannette LeGrand-Florek, Landon LeGrand; eight great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; three brothers, Herman, Alvin "Tiny" and Clarence "Butch" Held; four sisters, Erma Bryant, Irene Sanders, Edna Hagan and Vera Mae Lohmann.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City, and from 9 a.m. until time of service Friday at Eisleben Church.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the church, with Vicar Marty Hasz officiating. Burial will be in St. Augustine Catholic Cemetery in Kelso, Mo.