- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Alma M. VanGennip, 95, of Advance passed away Tuesday, May 8, 2012, at Advance Nursing Center.
She was born March 29, 1917, at Leopold, Mo., daughter of William J. and Bertha Lenerink Nenninger. She and Alfred VanGennip were married March 31, 1937, at Glennon, Mo. He preceded her in death in 1963.
Alma retired from Inland Shoe Factory in Advance. She was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Advance, and a former member of St. Anthony Catholic Church in Glennon.
Survivors include two sons, Ralph (Emma) VanGennip of St. Charles, Mo., Larry (Carol) VanGennip of Glennon; two daughters, Loretta (Eugene) Beussink of Cape Girardeau, Marilyn (Keith) Ray of Savannah, Ga.; a sister, Wilma VanGennip of Leopold; nine grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sisters, a grandson and a granddaughter.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home. Parish prayers will be at 5:30 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Advance, with the Rev. Randy Tochtrop officiating. Burial will be in Glennon Cemetery.