- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)7
- Crowell leads effort to cut low-income tax credits in Missouri (11/19/17)6
who's neXt 5/10/12
* The following students have been awarded scholarships to attend Southeast Missouri State University for the 2012-2013 academic year: Ricky Hendershott and Nargiza Mardanova, both of Cape Girardeau, received the President's Scholarship; Jeremiah Scott of Cape Girardeau received the Missouri Leadership Award; Lexi Smith of Cape Girardeau received the Regents' Scholarship.
* Jessie Hahn of Cape Girardeau is one of nearly 40 students who are traveling overseas this summer with the Engineers Without Borders student chapter at Missouri University of Science and Technology.
* Nicole Gaither of Cape Girardeau was initiated into the Psi Epsilon Chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha, the national political science honor society, on the Westminster College campus in Fulton, Mo.
* Sen. Roy Blunt will accept applications for nominations to the Air Force, U.S. Military, Merchant Marine and Naval academies through Oct. 26. Applications are available at www.blunt.senate.gov on the Academy Nominations page under the Student Center section.
* Sen. Claire McCaskill will accept applications for nominations to the Army, Navy, Air Force and Merchant Marine academies. Applications will be available beginning May 19 and will be accepted through Oct. 2. For more information, visit www.mccaskill.senate.gov on the Service Academy Nominations page.
-- From staff reports