- Architectural Digest names Cape Missouri's prettiest city (7/19/18)
- Business Notebook: Millersville Pit Stop opening Friday; newly rebuilt convenience store to feature favorites (7/16/18)
- Meat cutter's obit stokes interest, laughter (7/20/18)2
- Farewell to a First Lady (7/17/18)4
- Cape drops charge against carGO (7/18/18)9
- Wiggans resigns; Bristow named interim superintendent at Meadow Heights (7/18/18)
- Support worker freedom by voting 'yes' on Prop A (7/14/18)
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Relentless flood swamped towns, turned roads into lakes 25 years ago this summer (7/16/18)
- Cape city spending thousands to promote commuter flights, boost boardings (7/17/18)5
who's neXt 5/10/12
* The following students have been awarded scholarships to attend Southeast Missouri State University for the 2012-2013 academic year: Ricky Hendershott and Nargiza Mardanova, both of Cape Girardeau, received the President's Scholarship; Jeremiah Scott of Cape Girardeau received the Missouri Leadership Award; Lexi Smith of Cape Girardeau received the Regents' Scholarship.
* Jessie Hahn of Cape Girardeau is one of nearly 40 students who are traveling overseas this summer with the Engineers Without Borders student chapter at Missouri University of Science and Technology.
* Nicole Gaither of Cape Girardeau was initiated into the Psi Epsilon Chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha, the national political science honor society, on the Westminster College campus in Fulton, Mo.
* Sen. Roy Blunt will accept applications for nominations to the Air Force, U.S. Military, Merchant Marine and Naval academies through Oct. 26. Applications are available at www.blunt.senate.gov on the Academy Nominations page under the Student Center section.
* Sen. Claire McCaskill will accept applications for nominations to the Army, Navy, Air Force and Merchant Marine academies. Applications will be available beginning May 19 and will be accepted through Oct. 2. For more information, visit www.mccaskill.senate.gov on the Service Academy Nominations page.
-- From staff reports