- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Purchase of Blues could be final today
ST. LOUIS -- The sale of the NHL's St. Louis Blues appears imminent.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that the sale of the team to a group led by St. Louis-area businessman Tom Stillman could close today, with a news conference announcing the sale as early as Thursday.
The Post-Dispatch says Hall of Famer Brett Hull is expected to be named to a management position.
Stillman is CEO of a distributing company and has been minority owner since 2007. He heads a list of local investors who will pay about $130 million for the Blues, their minor league team in Peoria, Ill., and an interest in the Peabody Opera House.