- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Southeast Missourian Player of the Week: Scott City's Brandon Shemonia
Scott City senior Brandon Shemonia reasserted his dominance at the Class 2 District 1 track and field meet.
Shemonia finished 4 for 4 in his events at the meet.
He captured the district title in the 1,600 by more than 7 seconds. He crossed the line in 4 minutes, 37.5 seconds.
Shemonia, who already signed to run at SIU Carbondale next year, won the 800 by 4 seconds. He finished in 1:59.79 to edge teammate Eric Essner.
His perfect day in individual events finished with a win in the 3,200. He finished in 10:25.12.
Shemonia also was part of the Rams' victorious 3,200 relay team. Scott City finished in 8:34.89, which was more than 27 seconds better than second-place Herculaneum.
Shemonia, the reigning Class 2 cross country state champion, will compete in Saturday's Class 2 Sectional 1 in an attempt to qualify for the Class 2 state meet.