- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Larry Vermillion Sr.
Larry Eugene Vermillion Sr., 64, of Cape Girardeau passed away Sunday, May 6, 2012, at Southeast Hospital.
He was born Feb. 12, 1948, in Englewood, Calif., to Marvin Eugene Vermillion and Wilma Kennedy Shockley. He and Valerie Jaco were married Dec. 23, 1969.
Larry was a proud veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, having served from 1968 to 1969 in the Vietnam War.
He was a thoughtful and caring husband, father and grandfather, and always had a smile on his face. He was also a devoted Christian.
Loving survivors include his wife of 42 years, Valerie Vermillion of Cape Girardeau; a daughter and son-in-law, Tammy and Mike Goodwin of Wright City, Mo.; two sons and daughters-in-law, Larry and Bonnie Vermillion Jr. of Virginia Beach, Va., Jedidiah and Mackinzie Vermillion of San Diego; honorary families, Eddie and Kim Wilkerson of Jackson, Shaton and Nigeria Hunt of Cape Girardeau; father and stepmother, Gene and Silver Vermillion of Coburn, Pa.; mother and stepfather, Wilma and Chester Shockley of Jackson.
Also two sisters, Barbara Reggero of New York, Cathy Vermillion of Pennsylvania; six brothers, Mike Vermillion of New York, Joey Vermillion of Florida, Robin Vermillion of Gordonville, Richard Vermillion of Advance, Mo., Tracey and Bobby Vermillion of Pennsylvania.; a sister-in-law and brother-in-law, Dora and Mike Schmeiderer of Perryville, Mo.; and a niece, LaDora Haupt of Cape Girardeau.
Also surviving are 11 grandchildren, Blaze Vermillion, Amber Goodwin, Andrea, Brittany and Jessica Briggs, Julia Boyer, Larry Eugene Vermillion III, Noah Nevaeh Vermillion, Jedidiah Marvin Vermillion Jr., Cole Tyke Vermillion, Lyla Mae Vermillion; and a great-grandson, Jaxon Foster.
He was preceded in death by a grandson, Tristan Tyler Vermillion; and a sister-in-law, Roslyn Vermillion.
A private celebration of his life will be held by the family at a later date.
Arrangements by McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.