- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Brenda Mae Shannon, 80, of Holts Summit, Mo., died Saturday, May 5, 2012, at Heisinger Bluffs Senior Services Center in Jefferson City, Mo.
She was born Aug. 26, 1931, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Walter and Cora Roth. She was united in marriage to James Ronald Shannon on May 21, 1960, in Cape Girardeau.
A longtime resident of Cape Girardeau, Brenda recently lived in Holts Summit and Summersville, Mo.
A graduate of Cape Girardeau Central High School, Brenda was a loving wife, devoted mother and grandmother. She was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral in Cape Girardeau. She was involved in St. Mary's School PTO, Knights of Columbus Auxiliary, was a Cub Scout den mother and served as an officer with the Cape Girardeau TOPS organization. She was an avid sports fan of Notre Dame Regional High School, Missouri Tigers and her beloved St. Louis Cardinals.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Patrick Shannon of Holts Summit, Matthew (Sirene) Shannon of Huntsburg, Ohio; a sister, Eleanor Kindred of Biloxi, Miss.; a brother, Frank Roth of Camarillo, Calif.; seven grandchildren, Andrew, Emma and Michael of Holts Summit, Susan, Deklin, Rachel and Morgan of Huntsburg.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a sister, Marcella; three brothers, Vincent, Elwood and Delvin; and two children, Kathleen and Kevin.
Mass of Christian burial will be held at 10 a.m. May 23 at St. Mary's Cathedral. Inurnment will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Memorials are suggested to St. Mary's Elementary School.
Arrangements are under the direction of Slater-Millard Family Funeral Chapel, 540 S. Summit Drive, Holts Summit. Phone 573-896-5959.
Condolences may be left for the family online at www.millardfamilychapels.com.