- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Hayti woman accused of burning child with iron
CARUTHERSVILLE, Mo. -- A Hayti, Mo., woman is accused of burning her child with an iron.
Angela Smith, 27, is to appear in court Thursday on charges of felony second-degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child.
According to Pemiscot County Sheriff Tommy Greenwell, county deputies and officials from the Missouri Children's Division began an investigation in March following a report of a child being physically abused and believed to have been burned with an iron. A 1-year-old child and her siblings were removed from the home by the Missouri Children's Division and placed in foster care.
Smith posted a $25,000 bond and was released from custody.