- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)3
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)20
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)14
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
Speak Out 5/9/12
Republican House Speaker John Boehner doesn't believe President Obama should be speaking to college students and urging them to help him in his fight to keep student loan interest rates from doubling. If Boehner doesn't like it, he is surely free to visit institutions of higher learning and give students his rationale as to why the interest on the loans should increase that much.
As a working mom, I am getting tired of other working moms expecting some sort of subsidy or assistance to help them with their day care expenses. Birth control is legal and fairly inexpensive. Having a child is a choice, as is working outside the home. Every single working mother I know spends an exorbitant amount of money shopping for nonnecessities, they drive a fairly new car, and they eat out on a regular basis. Having children is a choice, it's optional. Working to buy nonessentials is a choice. Please don't ask taxpayers to pay for your choices. There's too much of that already.
I think Cardinals fans better not get too excited too fast. This beginning of the season the Cardinals have been playing within their division, but if you look at the teams and their records in the division, that tells you a whole lot. They are getting ready to start playing out of their division against some better teams, so the next two months is really going to tell the true story, I think.