- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Speak Out 5/9/12
Republican House Speaker John Boehner doesn't believe President Obama should be speaking to college students and urging them to help him in his fight to keep student loan interest rates from doubling. If Boehner doesn't like it, he is surely free to visit institutions of higher learning and give students his rationale as to why the interest on the loans should increase that much.
As a working mom, I am getting tired of other working moms expecting some sort of subsidy or assistance to help them with their day care expenses. Birth control is legal and fairly inexpensive. Having a child is a choice, as is working outside the home. Every single working mother I know spends an exorbitant amount of money shopping for nonnecessities, they drive a fairly new car, and they eat out on a regular basis. Having children is a choice, it's optional. Working to buy nonessentials is a choice. Please don't ask taxpayers to pay for your choices. There's too much of that already.
I think Cardinals fans better not get too excited too fast. This beginning of the season the Cardinals have been playing within their division, but if you look at the teams and their records in the division, that tells you a whole lot. They are getting ready to start playing out of their division against some better teams, so the next two months is really going to tell the true story, I think.