- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Speak Out 5/9/12
Republican House Speaker John Boehner doesn't believe President Obama should be speaking to college students and urging them to help him in his fight to keep student loan interest rates from doubling. If Boehner doesn't like it, he is surely free to visit institutions of higher learning and give students his rationale as to why the interest on the loans should increase that much.
As a working mom, I am getting tired of other working moms expecting some sort of subsidy or assistance to help them with their day care expenses. Birth control is legal and fairly inexpensive. Having a child is a choice, as is working outside the home. Every single working mother I know spends an exorbitant amount of money shopping for nonnecessities, they drive a fairly new car, and they eat out on a regular basis. Having children is a choice, it's optional. Working to buy nonessentials is a choice. Please don't ask taxpayers to pay for your choices. There's too much of that already.
I think Cardinals fans better not get too excited too fast. This beginning of the season the Cardinals have been playing within their division, but if you look at the teams and their records in the division, that tells you a whole lot. They are getting ready to start playing out of their division against some better teams, so the next two months is really going to tell the true story, I think.