- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Scooter stolen from outside Cape Girardeau home
The theft of a motor scooter from outside a home in the 100 block of South Lorimier Street left a Cape Girardeau resident puzzled.
Police said the owner of the scooter told investigators she parked the vehicle about 11 p.m. Sunday. And even though she still had the key, about 11 a.m. Monday she noticed the scooter was gone, said Cape Girardeau police Sgt. Jason Selzer.
Police had no suspects in the disappearance of the black Motobravo scooter Tuesday, Selzer said. The owner said the vehicle has several stickers. It only has a mirror on the left side and is noisy because of muffler damage, she told investigators.
"Scooters are not reported stolen every day, but it's not unusual for one to be stolen," Selzer said. "We have many college students that use them, and with gas prices, there has been an increase of these on the road, especially now that the weather is warmer."
100 S. Lorimier St., Cape Girardeau, MO