- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)5
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)23
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
Ellie Kidd Receives State Citizenship Award
Ellie Kidd, a senior at Cape Central High School, is one of fifteen Missouri students honored by the Missouri State Board of Education and the Missouri Bar as recipients of the 2012 Outstanding Achievement in Citizenship Award. She is pictured above with Cape Public Schools Board of Education President Stacy Kinder, left, CHS Principal Dr. Mike Cowan, and Superintendent of Schools Dr. Jim Welker, right, during a recognition ceremony at the April board of education meeting.
Ellie and her parents, Adam and Kay Kidd, attended a luncheon at the Governor's Mansion in Jefferson City where she received the state award which has been presented annually since 1990.
Students are selected on the basis of their academic achievement in civics and government courses, performance in civics and government-related extracurricular activities, and exemplary community service. Students also submit an essay about the importance of citizenship. The applications and essays are scored by members of the Advisory Committee on Citizenship Education, which is part of Missouri Bar's Citizenship Education Program. The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education conducts the citizenship program with assistance and financial support from the Missouri Bar.