- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Cramped quarters: April 4 proposition aims to ease crowding in Perry County District Schools (3/23/17)4
Jackson FBLA Holds Honors Banquet
The Jackson chapter of the Future Business Leaders of America Phi-Beta Lambda held their annual spring banquet at the KC Hall on May 3, 2012. The banquet included dinner, awards, installation of new officers, and a recap of another successful year in FBLA.
After dinner was served, guests were introduced and long-standing FBLA members were recognized. The Jackson chapter had thirteen 3-year members, thirteen 4-year members, seven 5-year members, and one 6-year member. Thirty-four state conference qualifiers were then recognized, along with the seventeen state winners. Of these state winners, twelve qualified for the National Leadership Conference which will be held in San Antonio, Texas in late June. Business boosters for the 2011-2012 school year were also acknowledged.
Junior High adviser Caitlin Dillingham congratulated four Jr. High FBLA members who achieved the Award of Excellence, and high school adviser Ronna Kramer congratulated the 21 high school members that achieved the Award of Excellence. Business Achievement Award recipients were recognized, with Rachel Hodo and Alexis Arnold completing the Future level, Rachel Hodo and Adam Wilson completing the Business level, and Kathy Scienski completing the America level which will be awarded at the National Leadership Conference in June.
Thirteen senior FBLA members were recognized and their future plans were announced. President Kathy Scienski was named the 2011-2012 Outstanding FBLA Member, and Mr. Ron and Ruth Niswonger were selected the 2011-2012 Honorary Members for their continuous support and generosity shown towards Jackson FBLA throughout the years.
Twelve new eager members were installed for the 2012-2013 Officer Leadership Team at the high school, and five new members were installed for the Junior High Leadership team. The banquet concluded with closing remarks from the 2012-2013 President Allison Gribler and Co-Vice Presidents Ian Roberts and Melissa Stephens.