- Mary Jane bourbon + smokehouse + Cape (7/9/18)4
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Voters to choose from crowded field for Scott County presiding commissioner (7/10/18)1
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
- New safety measures being put in place in Jackson School District (7/11/18)3
- Harbor Freight to open next week in Cape Girardeau (7/10/18)
- Former police officer, disabled vet vie for state representative seat (7/11/18)2
- Business Notebook: A flexible future: Yoga East Healing Arts Studio has a new owner in Sue Greenwood (7/9/18)
- 'It's just time': PFLAG chapter starting in Cape (7/6/18)33
Jackson FBLA Holds Honors Banquet
The Jackson chapter of the Future Business Leaders of America Phi-Beta Lambda held their annual spring banquet at the KC Hall on May 3, 2012. The banquet included dinner, awards, installation of new officers, and a recap of another successful year in FBLA.
After dinner was served, guests were introduced and long-standing FBLA members were recognized. The Jackson chapter had thirteen 3-year members, thirteen 4-year members, seven 5-year members, and one 6-year member. Thirty-four state conference qualifiers were then recognized, along with the seventeen state winners. Of these state winners, twelve qualified for the National Leadership Conference which will be held in San Antonio, Texas in late June. Business boosters for the 2011-2012 school year were also acknowledged.
Junior High adviser Caitlin Dillingham congratulated four Jr. High FBLA members who achieved the Award of Excellence, and high school adviser Ronna Kramer congratulated the 21 high school members that achieved the Award of Excellence. Business Achievement Award recipients were recognized, with Rachel Hodo and Alexis Arnold completing the Future level, Rachel Hodo and Adam Wilson completing the Business level, and Kathy Scienski completing the America level which will be awarded at the National Leadership Conference in June.
Thirteen senior FBLA members were recognized and their future plans were announced. President Kathy Scienski was named the 2011-2012 Outstanding FBLA Member, and Mr. Ron and Ruth Niswonger were selected the 2011-2012 Honorary Members for their continuous support and generosity shown towards Jackson FBLA throughout the years.
Twelve new eager members were installed for the 2012-2013 Officer Leadership Team at the high school, and five new members were installed for the Junior High Leadership team. The banquet concluded with closing remarks from the 2012-2013 President Allison Gribler and Co-Vice Presidents Ian Roberts and Melissa Stephens.