- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
James N. Reed, 78, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, May 6, 2012, at Life Care Center.
He was born Dec. 18, 1933, in Illmo, to Henry M. and Flora Cox Reed.
James worked as a custodian at Southeast Missouri State University and the Show Me Center. He also was a painter, roofer and mowed lawns.
Survivors include his wife, Goldie Hahs Reed of Cape Girardeau; three sons, Donald Reed, Mark (Misty) Reed and Danny Reed; two daughters, Janet (Frankie) Jackson and Linda Todd; a stepdaughter, Debbie (Bill) Kassel, all of Cape Girardeau; three sisters, Cathy Pullum of Cape Girardeau, Judy (James) Mitchell of Mounds, Ill., Fanny Ferrell of Jackson; 10 grandchildren; three stepgrandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Tony Kobak officiating. Burial will be in Sedgewickville Lutheran Cemetery in Sedgewickville, Mo.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.