- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Matthew Aaron Sander, 26, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, May 7, 2012, at his home.
He was born July 3, 1985, in Cape Girardeau, son of Karen Irene Sander.
Matthew was a cashier at Kidd's. He loved to watch and attend wrestling events and play poker. His favorite music group was ICP. He also loved watching movies and playing video games.
Survivors include his mother and stepfather, Karen Irene and Dillon Rhymer; grandfather, Albert Sander; uncle, Kenny Sander; aunt, Doreen Brown, all of Cape Girardeau; two cousins, Chuck Brown of Fruitland and Shaun Brown of Arnold, Mo.
He was preceded in death by his grandmother, Getella Sander.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Nathan Burgell officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.