- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Cape man accused of threatening bar employee with knife
A 23-year-old Cape Girardeau man was arrested on a charge of unlawful use of a weapon, a felony, after he allegedly threatened an employee of a downtown bar with a knife early Saturday morning, police said.
About 12:40 a.m., an employee of Hot Shots Bar, 15 N. Main St., saw Jacob Lee Brazil behind the establishment, said Cape Girardeau Police Sgt. Jason Selzer in a news release. The employee followed Brazil to the front of the bar, thinking Brazil might fall down, but when they got to the front door Brazil turned around and produced a long black knife, which he pointed at the victim, Selzer said.
Police called to the scene found Brazil with the knife still in his possession and took him into custody, police said.
15 N. Main St., Cape Girardeau, MO