- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Man killed in Jackson workplace accident
An unidentified worker died on a Jackson construction company's property early Monday morning, authorities said.
The male worker was helping change a track on a crane in the yard at Penzel Construction Co., 325 W. Jackson Blvd., when he was trapped between the track and some railroad timbers, said Cape Girardeau County Coroner John Clifton.
The man was transported to Saint Francis Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, Clifton said.
325 West Jackson Boulevard, Jackson, MO