- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Children's exposure to meth via parents is growing; Mo. Children's Division seeing effects (9/18/16)8
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
Spotlight on ... The Tailor Institute
Jenny Knoderer began working with the Tailor Institute a few years ago as a freelancer, helping the not-for-profit organization develop its fundraising efforts. A year later, she was hired as the executive director of operations and fundraisers.
"The goal was to bring on more programs that were part of the long-term vision," she says. "And that's what we're doing now."
The Tailor Institute's main focus is helping individuals with autism "find their strengths and gifts and harnessing those things so that they can live a more vibrant life," Jenny says.
The institute was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Crowe, whose son Taylor is a high-functioning individual on the autism spectrum. So while Tailor is a play on Taylor's name, it is also a reflection on the institute's focus on tailoring services based on each individual's special skills and gifts.
The Tailor Institute is located at the Autism Center, though it is not affiliated with it. Jenny says the location is convenient for families who receive services at the center.
HOW TO HELP
"We run on grants and generosity," Jenny Knoderer says of the Tailor Institute.
If you'd like to donate, visit the website at www.thetailorinstitute.org. You can also contact Jenny at 573-339-9552 or email at email@example.com to inquire about in-kind donations or planned giving.