- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
Spotlight on ... The Tailor Institute
Jenny Knoderer began working with the Tailor Institute a few years ago as a freelancer, helping the not-for-profit organization develop its fundraising efforts. A year later, she was hired as the executive director of operations and fundraisers.
"The goal was to bring on more programs that were part of the long-term vision," she says. "And that's what we're doing now."
The Tailor Institute's main focus is helping individuals with autism "find their strengths and gifts and harnessing those things so that they can live a more vibrant life," Jenny says.
The institute was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Crowe, whose son Taylor is a high-functioning individual on the autism spectrum. So while Tailor is a play on Taylor's name, it is also a reflection on the institute's focus on tailoring services based on each individual's special skills and gifts.
The Tailor Institute is located at the Autism Center, though it is not affiliated with it. Jenny says the location is convenient for families who receive services at the center.
HOW TO HELP
"We run on grants and generosity," Jenny Knoderer says of the Tailor Institute.
If you'd like to donate, visit the website at www.thetailorinstitute.org. You can also contact Jenny at 573-339-9552 or email at email@example.com to inquire about in-kind donations or planned giving.