- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Jackson woman accused of trying to hit another with her truck (6/15/17)
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)1
- Police search for two suspects in abduction, robbery case; victim found unharmed in Scott County field (6/16/17)1
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Racial disparity of traffic stops inches upward in Cape (6/15/17)6
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
Spotlight on ... The Tailor Institute
Jenny Knoderer began working with the Tailor Institute a few years ago as a freelancer, helping the not-for-profit organization develop its fundraising efforts. A year later, she was hired as the executive director of operations and fundraisers.
"The goal was to bring on more programs that were part of the long-term vision," she says. "And that's what we're doing now."
The Tailor Institute's main focus is helping individuals with autism "find their strengths and gifts and harnessing those things so that they can live a more vibrant life," Jenny says.
The institute was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Crowe, whose son Taylor is a high-functioning individual on the autism spectrum. So while Tailor is a play on Taylor's name, it is also a reflection on the institute's focus on tailoring services based on each individual's special skills and gifts.
The Tailor Institute is located at the Autism Center, though it is not affiliated with it. Jenny says the location is convenient for families who receive services at the center.
HOW TO HELP
"We run on grants and generosity," Jenny Knoderer says of the Tailor Institute.
If you'd like to donate, visit the website at www.thetailorinstitute.org. You can also contact Jenny at 573-339-9552 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about in-kind donations or planned giving.