- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)59
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Spotlight on ... The Tailor Institute
Jenny Knoderer began working with the Tailor Institute a few years ago as a freelancer, helping the not-for-profit organization develop its fundraising efforts. A year later, she was hired as the executive director of operations and fundraisers.
"The goal was to bring on more programs that were part of the long-term vision," she says. "And that's what we're doing now."
The Tailor Institute's main focus is helping individuals with autism "find their strengths and gifts and harnessing those things so that they can live a more vibrant life," Jenny says.
The institute was founded in 2003 by Dr. David Crowe, whose son Taylor is a high-functioning individual on the autism spectrum. So while Tailor is a play on Taylor's name, it is also a reflection on the institute's focus on tailoring services based on each individual's special skills and gifts.
The Tailor Institute is located at the Autism Center, though it is not affiliated with it. Jenny says the location is convenient for families who receive services at the center.
HOW TO HELP
"We run on grants and generosity," Jenny Knoderer says of the Tailor Institute.
If you'd like to donate, visit the website at www.thetailorinstitute.org. You can also contact Jenny at 573-339-9552 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about in-kind donations or planned giving.