- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
BLODGETT, Mo. -- Barbara Gail Cooper, 70, died at her home in Blodgett on Friday, May 4, 2012.
Born on Feb. 13, 1942, in Sikeston, Mo., to Virginia Dunn Beggs of Sikeston who survives and the late W.A. "Dubb" Beggs.
She was a member of Miner Baptist Church.
On Feb. 17, 1961, at Blodgett, she married Larry G. Cooper of the home, who survives.
Other survivors include two sons and daughters-in-law, Craig Cooper and wife Shawn of Blodgett, Todd Cooper and wife Missy of Nixa, Mo.; one daughter, Amanda Cochran of Ozark, Mo.; and four grandchildren, Brittani Cooper, William Cooper, Hannah Cochran and Stephanie Cochran.
In addition to her father, she was preceded in death by one son, Kevin Gene Cooper; and two brothers, Donald Beggs and Gary Beggs.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston.
The Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Miner Baptist Church, with Rev. Mitch Jackson officiating.
Interment will be in Forrest Hills Cemetery near Morley, Mo.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Miner Baptist Church.