- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Wynne Avritt, 79, of Harrisburg, Ill., died at 6:30 p.m. Friday, May 4, 2012, at the home of her daughter.
She was born Feb. 23, 1933, in Marble Falls, Texas, to Willie and Sidney Morrow White.
Wynne is survived by two daughters, Ida Avritt of Harrisburg and Gail (Todd) Knaup of Cape Girardeau; three sons, Luther "Skip" Avritt of San Antonio, Daniel Avritt Sr. of Montgomery, Minn., and Robert Avritt of Johnstown, Colo.; eight grandchildren; nieces; nephews; and other relatives.
She is preceded in death by her parents, three sisters and one brother.
Friends may gather from 6 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau. Parish prayers will be at 6:30 p.m.
Memorial contributions can be made to Hospice of Southern Illinois and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences, please visit www.crainsonline.com.