- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Clara M. Broadhacker, 77, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, May 3, 2012, at Fountainbleau Lodge.
She was born Dec. 5, 1934, in Bollinger County, to Carl and Ivy Hartle Hennecke.
Clara was a member of Bethel Assembly of God Church. She worked in housekeeping at Southeast Hospital 12 years. She volunteered at Southeast as well as several nursing homes.
She is survived by a son, Bobby Broadhacker of Panama, Fla.; four nieces, Nicky (Bruce) Klunk of Sikeston, Mo., Tammy Brooks of Troy, Mo., Mindy Ford of Gordonville, Melissa (Michael) Lanigan of Jackson; a nephew, Robbie Hennecke of Scott City; and a sister-in-law, Betty S. Hennecke of Whitewater.
She was preceded in death by a brother, Robert C. "Bob" Hennecke.
Friends may call from 9 a.m. until service time Saturday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Phil Roop officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be given to the American Diabetes Association, 10820 Sunset Office Drive, Suite 220, St. Louis, MO 63127.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.