- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Ellen Ruth Noel Greene, 75, of San Ramon, Calif., died unexpectedly of a heart attack Monday, Feb. 6, 2012.
She was born March 1, 1936, in Jackson. Ellen was raised on the family farm near Gravel Hill, Mo., the second oldest of six children of Arthur and Frances Noel.
Ellen graduated valedictorian of her Lutesville, Mo., High School class in 1954. She earned a bachelor of science degree from Southeast Missouri State University. She taught commercial subjects at Fisk-Rombauer High School in Fisk, Mo.
She met her future husband on a blind date in 1959. She married 2nd Lt. Rockwell Nathan Greene May 15, 1960.
Ellen wrote "My 2 Year Honeymoon in Turkey" (ISBN #1-884680-02-X -- or available from Nathan) about their adventurous experiences. She enjoyed traveling. She will be missed by all.
Survived by her husband of almost 52 years; a son and daughter-in-law, Rockwell Noel and Rosalee Greene; grandchildren, Allie, Katie, Michael, and Frannie; and three siblings.
Burial was Feb. 16 in San Joaquin National Cemetery in Santa Nella, Calif.
Expressions of condolence and donations in Ellen's memory can be sent c/o Grace United Methodist Church, 19901 San Ramon Valley Blvd., San Ramon, CA 94583. www.sanramongrace.org or Gravel Hill Methodist Church.
A celebration of life service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Gravel Hill Methodist Church, County Road 370, Marble Hill, Mo. A luncheon will be held at niece Becky Terry's home, a half-mile west of the church at 550 County Road 370, Marble Hill. Please RSVP to Becky (573-204-1494).