- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Mary Ann Kuehn
Mary Ann Kuehn, 74, of Jackson passed away Monday, April 30, 2012, at her home.
She was born Nov. 15, 1937, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Richard Calvin and Carrie Ester Robinson Conley. She and William Fred "Bill" Kuehn were married Sept. 29, 1956. He passed away April 10, 2002.
Mary and her husband farmed the land that Mary had lived on since she was 6 years old.
She formerly worked for the Cash Book Journal and Pioneer Orchard in Jackson. She was a member of the FCE Homemakers Club, the Jackson Noon Optimist Club and a lifelong member of New McKendree United Methodist Church in Jackson. She enjoyed flowers, gardening, canning, and was really looking forward to "Ladies' Night" at the new casino in Cape Girardeau, but her grandchildren and great-grandchildren were the joy of her life.
Loving survivors include three sons and daughters-in-law, Leroy and Amber Kuehn, Terry and Cindy Kuehn, Randy and Christina Kuehn, all of Jackson; three daughters and two sons-in-law, Susan Sterling of Jackson, Sally and Dave Carter of Kirksville, Mo., and Jo Ann and Don Sester of Cape Girardeau; 13 grandchildren, Zachary Kuehn, Beth Mungle, Curt (Rebecca) Kuehn, Sherry Kuehn, Kimberly Kuehn, Kari Kuehn, Tim (Marina) Hite, Julie Hite (Bryan Lowell, boyfriend), Christopher Sterling, Scott (Kara) Sterling, Amy Sterling (Justin Doza, fiance), Kevin Carter, Jeni Carter; seven great-grandchildren, Devin, William, Alex, Avery, McKinzey, Meredith and Nolan.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by her parents and a son-in-law, Dan Sterling.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at the chapel of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
Funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jimmy Corbin officiating.
Interment will follow in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
The family suggests memorials be made to New McKendree United Methodist Church.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.