- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Police investigating Cape Girardeau home invasion
A Cape Girardeau resident was assaulted during a home-invasion robbery late Tuesday afternoon, police said.
About 5:05 p.m., the resident of an apartment in the 1000 block of Bloomfield Street and three other people were in the residence when a man entered, displayed a handgun and demanded money, according to Cape Girardeau Police Department spokesman Darin Hickey.
The suspect, who was wearing a dark mask, struck the resident on the jaw, took an undisclosed amount of cash and fled southbound on foot, Hickey said. The victim refused medical treatment, he said.
No arrests had been made and the case remained under investigation Wednesday.
1000 Bloomfield Street, Cape Girardeau, MO