- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Southeast Missouri State softball team splits doubleheader vs. Saint Louis
The Southeast Missouri State softball team snapped a five-game losing streak by winning the nightcap of Tuesday's doubleheader at Saint Louis University.
Southeast dropped a 1-0 pitcher's duel in the opener before prevailing 6-1. The Redhawks are 23-30 and SLU is 22-32.
Alora Marble (13-15) was the loser in the opener despite pitching her 23rd complete game of the season. She allowed eight hits and three walks while striking out two.
The Redhawks, who were held to two hits through six innings, got three hits in the seventh but had the tying run thrown out at the plate to end the game.
Southeast exploded for six runs in the first inning of the nightcap.
The Redhawks got six of their eight hits in the frame. Evan Sallis went 3 for 3, and Renee Kertz drove in two runs.
Taylor Cowan pitched a two-hitter. She struck out three and walked two.
Southeast ends the season today with a 5 p.m. home doubleheader against future Ohio Valley Conference member Belmont (11-32).
-- From staff reports