- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape Girardeau County Commission accepts bids for land research
The Cape Girardeau County Commission Monday reviewed two bids from local title companies who will provide lien search services for the collector's office.
The collector's office contracts yearly with an independent title company to provide lien searches for land being sold at auction when owners fail to pay taxes. The lien search provides potential buyers with information about any additional claims that might have been made against the land.
Metro Title, Inc. of Cape Girardeau bid $30 per parcel. Ward Title Insurance Agency, LLC of Cape Girardeau bid $24.50 per parcel. Both bids were referred to the collector's office for analysis and recommendations.
Presiding Commissioner Clint Tracy was absent from commission proceedings.
1 Barton Square, Jackson, MO